We are always looking for talented, compassionate, and creative people to join our team, help our participants, and contribute to our mission. Below are our open positions. If you see a position in which you believe you would be a great fit for, or even if you don’t, send an email to Toni Hughes, our Coordinator of Staff Training and Development, with our Application for Employment and we’ll see if there is a place for you!
Direct Service Professional
Outside the Box is a non-profit day program for adults with disabilities. We are an innovative and forward-thinking organization with a fresh take on disability supports. Our mission is simple: To empower people with intellectual disabilities toward personal growth through education, self-discovery, leadership development, and a customized career path.
If you are willing to help change lives, and your heart is open to being changed yourself, you will fit in beautifully.
We are seeking dedicated, compassionate people to lead small groups of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities toward personal, social, and professional growth.
What does OTB offer?
- Starting pay $15.00 an hour
- Work-life balance
- Consistent schedule
- Paid training & certification(s)
- CPR/First Aid
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental insurance
- Relaxed environment
- Work independently & as a team
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- Outing reimbursement
- NO nights or weekends
What does a DSP do?
- Empowers individuals to be the best version of themselves
- Works independently & as part of a team
- Assesses individual’s strengths with formal and informal measures
- Teaches program curriculum
- Advocates for individuals with disabilities
- Attends quarterly meetings
- Supports individual & team in goal development
- Maintains personal vehicle & driving eligibility
- Complies with required documentation standards
- Assists with physical needs of individuals, which may include lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or bending
We look forward to meeting you!
OTB has made me soft. It has opened my heart and made me have so much joy and overflowing with so much love I didn’t know was possible. You form special relationships with people here; coworkers, families and participants, and that is a feeling that can never be replaced. It is a job that you enjoy going to. Yes, there are hard and stressful days, but just having a participant saying “Hi, Emmy!” when they first see you in the morning makes it all worthwhile. We change lives here. We are the most important people in some of their lives, and that is a feeling that is indescribable. There is no question OTB has made me a better person and has changed my life.
When people ask, “where do you work?” and I tell them, “Outside the Box,” they then ask, “what’s it like?” and I tell them, “it’s not often that you work in your vocation, what you are called to do.” It is a pleasure to work with participants of various abilities. Helping them to grow and understand themselves and the world around them while working alongside people who are so loving, caring and accepting of each other